All of these dogs are fostered by the St. Louis Senior Dog Project
please stop by www.stlseniordogproject.org if you are interested in adopting or fostering.

Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Puppy Mill Survivor Week: Radar

This week we are dedicating it to dogs that have survived the terrible life of puppymills and to start off we have Radar here to tell his story:




Hi There! My name is Radar, I wanted to tell you a little bit about me. My foster mom tells me that I have special needs, oh I'm not sick, I don't need medicine or surgery but I need special people to love me. You see I once lived in a dirty, dark place, that my foster mom calls a puppymill, I never had a name for it but it was scary. I had no idea that dogs lived like this, in a house, with soft beds, lots of food and water. You see in my old life I lived in a cage and walked on wires, I also had to go to the bathroom in the same place I slept and ate, it was really gross. I like my life now but I still get scared sometimes, I never knew that there were doors or steps, until I came to live with my foster mom. I had also never been on a walk, so I am unsure about collars and leashes but I'm working on it and my mom tells me I am doing great! I am special needs because I need special people, people that will be patient and loving with me because I am still learning about how dogs are suppose to live. Men really scare me, I think I might learn to get used to them but in my old life the men were not very nice to me. I learn something new everyday,and my foster mom tells me that she is going to help me find a home of my own, a home for a special needs dog like me. So if you have lots of patience and love will you consider adopting a former puppy mill dog of your very own? There are a lot of us out there, still waiting for that special place, we may never be the perfect dog but we will give you everything we possibly can, in hopes you will just love us and care for us. I think I see a stick in the yard that needs chewing, thank you for listening about my life and I hope you will consider giving a former puppy mill dog a safe and happy life full of love.

Woof, Woof,
Radar

Follow me on Twitter

No comments: